Saturday, January 7, 2012

January declutter out 2012

As I’m looking at my entryway, I keep thinking that how I keep doing things half way. I need to remedy that and just keep going until I am done doing my chore. This blog is to keep me accounted and to keep me to task. I really want to declutter my home and get everything to it’s proper place. Make this a home and welcoming for everyone.

For January, I choose to clean the living room and entryway. The living room is baby/toddler proof. lol Most of the baby’s toys are up here. We also have our girl’s books. They are overflowing their contained area under the tv in the entertainment center. The entryway is where we use as the changing area and also storage of his diapers and coats.

DSC01831
As you can see, books are everywhere. I also need to take down the christmas stuff. That’s this weekend’s plan. This little corner is also where we store my youngest toys.


On Thursday, Dh and the girls did a lot of cleaning in the living room but not completely all. Some things were just push elsewhere instead of really be put away in their spots.

This is what I need to do:

- sweep the ceiling and walls
- dust my big Christmas cactus and the table it is on
- clean all the children’s books
- arrange all the baby’s toys for a easy access for him
- wash wool diaper covers and lanonize them
- wash all all diapers and dry them
- arrange the changing table to start using all again
- take smaller size clothes in the spare room for later sorting
- buy hooks and put in the closet for baby’s coats (right now they are hanging on the doorknob)

Last but as much important as all that is listed, pass the vacuum everywhere, behing the sofa, on the sofa, behind the side table, etc…

Think I can do it all by the end of Jan??

No comments:

Post a Comment